Wine Pairing Bogle Phantom $23.99
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
• 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
• 8 large garlic cloves, diced
• 2 pounds ground chuck (you can also substitute ground chicken or ground turkey)
• 1 envelope taco seasoning or 1/4 cup taco seasoning
• 1 teaspoon basil
• 1/2 teaspoon oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon thyme
• 1 15oz can tomato sauce
• 3 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
• 1 6oz can tomato paste
• 2 16oz cans of kidney beans (drained)
•1 16 can of corn
Heat oil in heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic. Saute about 8 minutes or until onions are translucent.
Add chuck and cook until brown, breaking up meat with a spatula as it cooks. In the picture below, I have used ground chicken as the meat.
Add taco seasoning, basil, oregano, and thyme. Stir 2 minutes.
Mix in tomato sauce, chicken broth and tomato paste. Simmer until thickened to desired consistency, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, about 1 and a half hours.
Mix in beans and corn. Simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Refrigerate until cold then reheat over low when ready to serve.